Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Difficulties of buying Shampoo

It has officially been a week in Karaganda.  I don't know my way around the entire city of course, but I know the buses that will take me to work and downtown.  And there are grocery stores everywhere so I don't have to go far to get things I need.  We have a store that is similar to a Walmart nearby too, where you can get all kinds of things.   Shopping hasn't been too bad since I can tell what most things are but the thing I have had trouble with is SHAMPOO!  As you all know there are many different types of shampoo: for curly hair, for straight hair, damaged hair, volumizing, etc.  This is all good, except that I don't know any of these words in Russian.   What will happen if I buy the wrong kind?   I dont need any more volume?  AHHH!  Ok, so probably nothing will happen, but I don't want to take that chance.  So what is the solution here?  I could have  learned all of the words before I went I guess, or taken the dictionary with me.  I really don't want to carry it around, though.  Don't worry,  after much searching, I did find a solution.  There was a bottle with English!    Now to learn Russian so I can buy other toiletries.



3 comments:

  1. JBell! This post reminded me of me and you in KZ trying to buy ANT SPRAY!! One of my favorite memories of the trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the right kind of stuff. I am so glad to see you blogging! I miss you so much. A

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adventure!


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral



    (*)>
    / )
    /"



    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete